Thursday, December 2, 2010

Catch up, not give up

Today, we finally received our Flash CS5 software after waiting since August.  We worked on our mini game project in CS3 so I hope it's pretty similar to CS5.  I haven't had a chance to work with it myself, so I'm feeling a little nervous about it.  

As the school year progresses, it seems I'm playing catch up more and more.  At the beginning, it seemed easy and I had it under control.  However, this feeling is now behind me!  I've really been frustrated lately at my lack of progress and sometimes feel like giving up.  Then, one of my students will do something wonderful or something that totally amazes me and I'll remember why I'm doing this.  

Hopefully in the next few weeks, I can make some progress into our calendar and keep myself motivated as well as my students before we head into Christmas break.  We are going to practice our drawing skills with some snapshots and cartoon characters.  They are excited to get started. 

The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: