Friday, February 25, 2011

When will I see you again?

As I look back over these few weeks and to see our progress, I am shocked by all the days I have not seen my Globaloria crew!   Looking at the calendar and all the days out of class puts into perspective how much of an effect weather can have on school.  We will continue to work through the schedule as best we can to get caught up and work our way toward game completion!! 

Even though today was another day out of the classroom for my students and myself, I feel that it was well worth it this time.  In the early seventies, our area was the location of the Buffalo Creek Flood and one of our teachers who was a flood survivor conducts a memorial service each year.  As the years pass, the younger generation has little or no knowledge of this event.  So, he has taken it upon himself to conduct this service each year with a variety of videos, old news clips, slides, and guest speakers.  Even though it is a sad event, it is one that teaches them a lesson to not let this happen again!

No comments: