Thursday, January 20, 2011

Progress

The months have flown by this year and we are working our way through the wiki course schedule.  The blog site has given us fits and for once, it is actually cooperating today.  So, I will probably have my students do some quick blogging even though I didn't plan to just because it's working.  My second year students, Cody & Caleb, are working on their game idea and have some wonderful graphics for their "Mad Science" game.  They are picking our chemisty teacher's brain for ideas and are collecting chemistry equations to use in their game. 

My other students are in the paper prototyping process and are so into the details of their games that it is exciting to myself and to them.  They seem to be excited about mapping out their game ideas on paper.  I admit that I did add a little to the schedule and did some drawing skills with them in flash.  They spent a few days working on importing graphics to the stage and practicing using the variety of tools in the flash program.   Most of them have been uploading these drawings to their wiki page as they finish them.  They are anxious to get to work on their game ideas in flash now that they've had some experience with drawing in flash. 


I'm looking forward to gaining some new ideas from the weekend workshop planned for Friday and Saturday.  Hope the snow doesn't get too bad - I'm such a chicken when it comes to driving on bad roads!!

No comments: