Sunday, July 3, 2011

Back to the Future Part V

Over the past few years, I have seen the Globaloria program grow and change.  The website has become more user-friendly for the students and the teachers.  After this year's abundance of snow days, I plan to make this coming school term more fast-paced at the beginning and to allow time for snow days and all those end of the year activities that interfere with the final game demo and game completion progress.  I really enjoy the county PLC group that we have formed this past year.  I hope to continue these monthly meetings - I think they are so beneficial because we get a chance to share, laugh, let off steam, and plan together.  I think it would be a good thing to implement throughout the program if there are school districts like ours that have all the middle and high schools involved in Globaloria.   As the fifth year of the Globaloria program approaches, many of us have questions and concerns about how and if the program will continue.  Like Marty McFly in the movie Back to the Future, we hope we aren't OUTATIME!  

2 comments:

Sumisu Sensei said...

I love your theme for this blog and understand its sentiments as well. Having a PLC sounds wonderful. Our middle schools are not involved but both high schools are. See you on Friday!

Mrs. Singleton said...

I have questions about what will happen after this year too. It is a valuable class not only for the creation of the games but also the use of the wiki page and blog. These are skills that our students need to have for future employment.